Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

a great find for a yarn addict

This has been a busy week with getting back into the grind of teaching Piano Lesson and filling orders. On Thursdays it tradition that my Mother in Law watches the kids. I love it because it's currently a day off for my hubby so we make the most of spending the entire day together kiddless. The Fair was in town this week so he had a fun date planned and it was a blast.
Afterward we decided to try a few thrift shops.We're not usually thrift store shoppers but as a crafter you have to see what great finds you can get once in a while. So we stopped into our local Goodwill to have a look. Didn't see much and then I noticed about 8 bags full of 4-5 skeins of random yarn.  I usually pass it up but these had current labels and prices still on. There were some great tweeds, hand dyed yarn, and most of it I'd never heard of. After a little research most of it was from over in Europe. I don't know much about any of it but I love that I get to try some new yarn that I wouldn't normally purchase. Most of it was marked 8.99-14.99 so it's yarn I would not usually purchase and I only paid $4.00 for all of it. That make my husband happy :)



This first pic includes the hand dyed yarn (green) the purple are from Japan and the variegated purple one is lovely. The others are just basic colors but it's still good yarn.



the pastel colored yarn and variegated blue is super soft and from Germany, The ivory looked american from the label but wasn't sure. The purple sparkle yarn is Mohair and tiny but I think it will make some gorgeous flowers. 



This yarn is from the UK - Jo Sharp. I loved the tweeds which are super popular for winter and then there were 3 skeins of grey alpaca silk blend.

I don't know much about yarn so they may be pretty common but I thought these were great and I can't wait to try some new things with them. 


3 comments:

Posh Pooch Designs said...

Happy for you and jealous at the same time! great find!

Kristine Mullen said...

I can't afford designer yarn either. Congrats on your find!

Libby said...

These are great finds for an excellent price. I love international items (especially those I can afford). I sometimes find yarn in the Habitat for Humanity store also, but now I'm trying hard to be content with my current yarn stash and use it down.

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.