Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Feathered Locks!



So i'm not usually one to jump on the bandwagon of the next new fad but it seems the new thing for hair accessories is feather extensions. I'd noticed several acquaintances with them and then was talking with some friends that do hair for a living and they said it's so popular right now. I thought they were pretty and I really wanted to get some. Seem most salons are charging about $10 and up for each feather and I thought to myself that can't be that hard to do yourself. I've never had extensions and wondered if they might be painful.

I decided to search etsy and came across several shops that offer the extensions. I decided on one extensions with four feathers in natural tones so it would blend nicely with my hair color. I bought from this shop called Flocks2Locks. She has a great selection. from natural tones to really edgy colors like, pink, blues, reds, yellows and more fun ones. I don't know if I'd go that far into the bright colors but red might be fun.

If you need help putting them in I found videos and instructions all over the place. It said you just needed a latch hook tool which I had but was to big to put through the crip bead so I just use a handy dandy tiny crochet hook. It's was really easy I just had trouble deciding were I wanted to put it. Now I think I need like two more extensions. ;)

I don't even feel the crimp bead or the extension. For those of you who don't like to color your hair it's such a natural way to add some color or highlights with out dyes or chemicals. {obviously I don't really mind dye because I do that often}. These can be left in your hair for several months. You wash and style them just like you do your hair. So the end result is that I really like them and I want a few more.

What do you think?

3 comments:

Kari said...

I have been very curious about those too. My consultant for my wedding dress has one and its SUPER cute.

Kristine Mullen said...

I guess I'm out of touch because I've never heard of them until now. It looks super cute. I'm going to go check out her shop now.

Posh Pooch Designs said...

I really like it, it looks cool, and I want one!

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.