Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

Spring Wreath Inspiration

It may still be winter but spring is in the air today! It was a gorgeous day in the 70s yesterday but today's high is in the low 80's. So I was ready to change out my winter wreath since we'll likely not get anymore traces of snow here in the the OKC Metro.

For my Spring Wreath I just wanted to keep it natural but keep the base reusable to change out for summer (although I'll probably just make a whole new one LOL) So all the pieces are just pinned in place. 

I started with a 12 inch styrofoam base and 1 Skein of Hobby Lobby's Cypress Haute Fur. 

I crocheted it double thick by just slip stitching around the entire foam with a N 10mm hook. I had just barely enough and if you want it really full I'd get 2 skeins. 

The rest of the details are free patterns I found online. 
The cute ami's my kids will love to have after the season to add to their ever growing stuffed animal collection! 




This Darling Bumble Bee free pattern can be found here.



This cute Ladybug is a free pattern from Lion Brand.com but you'll have to sign up first!



This beautiful flower is by Stitch 11. 


I've really enjoyed making wreaths and I plan to make more each season! Do you like wreaths? Will you be making one for spring? 


I entered this in the favecrafts blog hop! Please come vote for my spring craft!! I'm #56!! 

1 comments:

Janet said...

What a wonderful wreath. Great idea.

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.