Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Exciting News & A Special Free Pattern

Last November I got a unique email! The Hobby Lobby Needle-arts Department contacted me to see if I was interested in joining the team as a freelancer. I'm lucky enough to live in OKC home of their very large headquarters. In joining the team I test patterns and sometimes I get opportunities to submit a design. I've only submitted a few times because unfortunately once you submit if it gets selected than Hobby Lobby owns the rights to it and I get no credit. I've really enjoyed testing and it's a great freelance opportunity. I really enjoy it! 

When you submit a design you generally are submitting with a few others and then they go through a process of selection. I would never know if the pattern was actually picked or filed away for later use. 

Yesterday I was doing some yarn shopping for an order and to my surprise I noticed new tear-away free patterns out! 

I squealed with excitement when I saw this one! I wrote this one!!!
It's for a Textured Cowl made with their Yarn Bee First Love Yarn!  
So If you want a new free pattern from me you can find it in 
Hobby Lobby Stores or on the website here.


So I'm excited if you can't tell and even if my names not on it it's still a big accomplishment to me to have a pattern I wrote chosen. You can find other projects & inspirations on their website 

This isn't endorsed by Hobby Lobby in any way. Just my thoughts :) 

Enjoy!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! It looks like a terrific pattern and I will be looking for it the next time I'm at Hobby Lobby. By the way, I found you through Snappy Tots.

Nichole said...

Congratulations, Elisabeth!! So proud of you!

Posh Pooch Designs said...

I am excited for you and so proud of you!!!

Reggie said...

Congrats!! Very exciting for you and you should be very proud!! Snappy ToTs shared your good news! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! SnApPy ToTs share your GREAT NEWS!

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.