Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Thursday Finds - Yarn & Hooks

Today I had some yarn shopping to do.  I love custom orders because that means I get to go pick out or work with new yarns & colors! It's hard to believe I didn't have some of this in my stash already!

Michael's had their Vanna's Choice Worsted 2 for $5 so I took the opportunity to get some new colors I don't have already! I love Vanna's and use it a lot! I was inspired by all the fall halloween colors so I picked up Eggplant, Olive and Rust. The Raspberry was just pretty so I got it too! I have some plans for these in a new pattern I'm working on. You are going to looove it!



If you know me I love chunky yarns! Got to pick up some Cozy Wool and Country Loom by Loops and Threads from Michael's for a Baby Hammock and Hooded Coocon Props. I also get to make one of my favorites My Hooded Capelt with some yarn from Hobby Lobby!  


If you saw my post on my Owl Ami you'll remeber me talking about needing a good C hook! My tiny steel one just wasn't working for me! So I picked up a much raved about Clover with my coupon of course! I've not previously purchased or used one of these hooks yet so I'm anxtious to try it out! I have a teeny tiny owl to finish so maybe I'll get to play this weekend. 


The funny thing is I'm going to be working with my Q Hook today! It's always weird to switch from working with a really big hook to a tiny hook! I'll always vote for bigger hooks! 


Hope you enjoyed my Thursday Yarn finds! Did you pick up anything new this week? Have any fun projects your working on? Feel free to share in the commnets below!

Be on the look out tomorrow! I'll have a Freebie Friday Pattern! It's easy peasy and great for girls of all ages baby to Women! See you later! ~Elisabeth

1 comments:

Chantal said...

So many pretty colours!

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.