Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tiny-A-Long : Owl Ami


Meet my adorable Owl Ami! Isn't he cute!! I love him so much! 

Freshstitches is hosting a Tiny-a-long.  A crochet along where you are challenged to use yarn smaller than worsted weight and smaller hook to go with it.

I knew exactly what yarn I was going to use. I recently picked up Lion Brand BonBons because of the tiny skeins and the cute colors all in one tiny package! I had no plans for it so why not use tiny skeins for a tiny along. The yarn is a 2 weight and cotton. It's so soft and was really great to work with. 

I use a C hook 2.75 mm. I need to get a good hook. I just used a steel hook with a little slide on gripper to help me not hate that hook. I don't usually use hooks that small. I love my Tupil Emito hooks but I've heard marvelous things about the clover hooks so I think I'll pick one up next time I'm out yarn shopping. 


Since these are tiny skeins of yarn I had to get creative and plan out a colorful owl! I think he turned out great! So soft and huggable! 



The hardest part of the owl was getting those silly eyes in and fastened. After lots work I got it but,  then I remembered, (after I sewed everything down) that my friend from Niccup Crochet had already blogged tips for this. (remember this next time!!)



He fits nicely in my hand and that is to help show you his size. I was going to measure him but my kids have claimed him and he's currently being loved....(and fought over.... I need to make another) 



I'm actually working up an even smaller one. I'm just adjusting the pattern instead of smaller hook! 
Its a halloween themed one and she is turning out spooky fun! I'll share when she's done of course! 

There is still time to join in the tiny-a-long. If you like this pattern it's one of Freshstiches best sellers and I'm sure you can see why! Check out Nelson The Owl Pattern. If you love Ami crochet than you will love her blog!! 



2 comments:

little olive said...

love!!!!! aren't those bon bons so great! I bought a few packages awhile back they are so great for crochet!

Tamara said...

So cute! Thanks for linking up on Hookin On Hump Day!

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.